internet advertising

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Time for another treatment

This has been an awful three weeks.  Not only did I have an allergic reaction during my last chemo treatment, but a week later my nephew was killed in a motorcycle accident in Thailand.  I have had fevers off and on during the entire time and a lot more aches and pains than I normally have.  I have survived, but I don't know how.  My brother made the trip to Thailand to recover his son and I had to help with that.

Normally, I would have treatments on Monday, but this week they changed it to Wednesday because they don't have enough staff on Mondays to keep someone one-on-one with me.  They have to do that because they are going to try to desensitize me to the carboplatin (the one I had a reaction to) to make sure I don't have another allergic reaction.  Normally it takes about 30-45 minutes to infuse that one and this time they will be doing it over 6-8 hours.  That is in addition to the 3 hours for the taxol and another half an hour or so for the avistan and more time for the pre-meds.  I don't know how they will fit it all in between 7:15am and 5pm.  It's a good thing they left the port accessed after they drew the labs today.  I will let you know how that all goes tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment