internet advertising

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

4/19/2011 Pain is better, but still there

I started to post this yesterday and then forgot all about it so now I have to start over again.  AAARRRGGGHH!!!  I went to the doctor yesterday to find out why I had the problem I had last week with having stool coming out through my bladder since I have a colostomy.  It turns out that it can be explained by the fact that they made a loop in the stoma so that they can reverse the process if they are ever able to repair the fistula.  Apparently sometimes some of the stool can escape from the loop and go through the rest of the colon, but that should not be common.  That is a relief to know.  I was afraid they might have to cut me again in order for the problem to stop.  That is not the case.  PHEW!!! 

I have the car again, but I still have not gone anywhere during the day yet.  I will probably go into town again tomorrow to go shopping because I forgot to get any drinks to help when I have diarrhea (gatorade or similar).  I have two weeks to make enough food that I don't have to worry about it during my chemo week.  I made a soup/stew yesterday that had chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, a little cauliflower, some onion and salt.  I will probably do another one in the next couple of days only using beef.  I like having a slow cooker because, although it takes a long time to cook using it, it sure beats anything I can get out of a can.  I just wish I knew more things I could make with it.

My pain is much better than it was last week, but now I am having some tingling in my fingers like what the doctor asked me about last week.  I have not really experienced this before so it really bothers me, but it is not totally unexpected.  I just wish that the lingering joint pain would go away!  That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment